Here are “5 reasons” why you should avoid them so as to have a ‘speedbreaker’less personal and professional life…
” Do not make assumptions unless you know the whole story. If in doubt,ask the person directly. “
1) Most of the assumptions are negative which always pose hindrance in our success. Because we always think about a particular situation, about a particular person, about a particular place, about a particular culture with our limited knowledge and never questions or challenges our thinking with new thoughts or situations.. you know why… because we have a “fear” in our heart from the phenomenon which is called “CHANGE”.
2) Going to the new city for studying or travelling, relative and acquintences would always tell things like in that city peoples are not good,environment is not better,food will have bad quality,all streets have fish markets (important point in conversations of vegeterians). I know all these because this has been told many times to me when i have decided to come to a completely new city, culturally very different from my home city. But what I have found that 99% of the content what I have heard is totally wrong and my new inhabited city is awesome in so many aspects.
3) One of the assumption is that there is no fun while travelling alone. But what I have observed from my experience that there is totally new fun, new experience, new energy while you travel alone. You roam around in the new city with different attitude. You tends to become more observent to the beauty of new city, to the behaviour of people, their style of living and talking, to the landscape and the architecture. When I had visited the Gangtok (a beautiful tourists place in the Eastern Himalayas, is a capital of Indian State of Sikkim), I had travelled more like my home town, taken the local roads not known where they leads, observe everything and believe me it was a total memorable experience and I had come out with a little bit better character.
4) Don’t talk to strangers,you don’t know how they are : Well this is also prevalent among the masses, that’s why you may have observed while travelling in trains or on a flight that how much people are reserved even if they are travelling with you for the whole day and never say a word. But in my case I usually try to start the conversation during my travelling amd by god’s grace till now I have made some good friends while travelling,one is doctor and another one is artists from South Africa.
5) Don’t make assumtions about your colleague : If in workplace your colleague takes a stand on something that goes against your point of view than it doesn’t mean that he is selfish or is against you,it simply means he is having different thoughts on that perticular issue. Do not make assumptions about the character of person on the basis of small things.. life is big so have a wide perspective on different things, always think on a long term.
These are some of the main assumptions which i have faced in my day to day life.
What are your thoughts on “Assumptions”… please let me know with your comments below and also share your assumptions which you had in past but shattered now.