Well what I can say about it as lot of you already had seen this movie and most probably remember its story very well, but after 6 years of its release, I just seen it day before yesterday (how outdated I am :|)
But for people like me, I will just tell the summary of it.
Its a story thats starts with the mother named Sherry Parker (Taraji P. Henson) and son named Dre Parker (Jaden Smith) migrating from US to CHINA for work.
Dre finds himself little bit uncomfortable in new environment, and that made himself and his mother sad.
One day while playing in a park, he finds a new friend Meiying, who was a violin lover but at the same time he also make his new enemy Cheng, who was getting training in Kung-fu as Cheng did not like his friendship with Meiying. So whenever Cheng finds Dre in his surroundings, he starts finghting with Dre, and Dre couldn’t do anything except having some punches from Cheng.
And this leads to his meeting with Mr.Han (Jackie Chan), and this meeting leads to the training of Dre in Kung-fu, so that he can fight with Cheng in some kung-fu compitition and beat him.
This is a good motivational story and can cause some adrenaline rush into your body. I recommend that if you haven’t watch it till now than have some time amd see it.
My Lessons from this film :
Well I always tries to extract some lessons from anything I do, so here are some my personal lessons from the film.
- We always feel uncomfortable to new places, to new situations, to new practices, to new people but if you think that these aforementioned things are right, than hang on, you will surely adapt to all new things, butbit requires some dedication and persistance from your side (like Dre feels uncomfortable in China ).
- You can make enemies and friends at any time, so be beware.
- When you feel that a perticular situation is the most worst in your life, but actually if you see from another and better angle that situation has the potential of producing the most fruitful result of your life. But you should have that strong mentality to see good in bad (like when Cheng makes Dre’s life miserable to the point that he starts avaoiding him, but in the same situation he finds the mentor like Jackie Chan).
- To become perfect in any Art, you have to practice it, with full dedication, determination, and persistence.
- Your inner motivation supports you at the time, when your body starts to give up, so always be motivated. Just like you shower daily to keep your body clean, in the same way keep motivating your mind daily.
I remember one quote :
Thanks to Mana Apoorva (manaapoorva.wordpress.com) for highly recommending me to watch this movie.
Participating in #Halfmarathon in #Blogchatter #dailychatter