To book tickets urgently so that I could see the first day, first show, even if I was able to get tickets on the 3rd row from the front…
To get up early in the morning so that I can be on time for the movie, even if I had merely the 3 hour sleep because of late night studies…
These things can be easily done by Shah Rukh Khan Fans aka SRK fans, and so I have done the same thing because I am his fan since eternity…
However, I would try to write the honest review without getting bias because of my idol.
Good Points :
- The film is having some refreshness, and it might look that it is written for the younger generation, but it is not like that, it has all the elements for the whole family too as it has the parent-child relationship issue.
- Alia is awesome in her act, to depict the confused girl, want to be free and yes, too some extent she is free but regularly haunted by traditional “must-do’s” by her family and relatives like ‘have a marriage’, ‘have some settled jobs like 8-4pm types’, even after being a cinematographer.
- Shah Rukh Khan, was as awesome as always, with a heavy voice and a ‘kill you’ smile, a Doctor, who helps Alia to deal with a situation by giving some useful life lessons, which is the ‘core’ focus of the film.
- This film do support some so called new generation thinking, in a very good and positive way, which may not hurt the old generation people.
Bad Points :
- For some people, the first half may look normal or confused, because it is devoted to Alia, to show her dilemma about her life situations, and how to deal with it, so it was apt for the situation.
- Some of my close ones, found it little bit slow,not me. Apart from this, I did not find any other negative points.
My Take/ lessons :
- This film give importance to mental problems, which in our Indian society consider it as taboo.
- Highlighting the importance of jobs, which are highly significant, but sidelined by the society, by making them ‘unusual’ like psychologists or cinematographer.
- More importance should not be given to Profession over Family.
- Express your emotions, in any possible way, in any manner, as per your wish, don’t think about what other’s would think about it.
- Do things that comes in your mind, try them out, if you feel happy doing it, without thinking of failure.
- Listening is really a very important skill, it can make your relation with your closer ones strong.
And final point to add, what you think about the film, when at the end of the film, people starts clapping and coming out of the cinema hall while discussing the issues in the film, is it the normal film, or the film that can influence somebody’s mind ???
Decision is on your’s shoulder…
My Ratings : 3.5/5